Friday 15 March 2013

Enable 5.1/7.1 /4.1 channel sound in Fedora

Hello friends,

I am now going to show you how to enable 5.1/4.1/7.1 channel sound in your fedora. First of all your hardware should be capable of playing these formats.

The reason for this post is I couldn't find any simple post which explained how to enable 5.1 channel so, I thought it would be nice to have a simple explanation with pictures.

1. Open terminal and type "alsamixer"



2. A screen will be opened as shown below



3. Now Press F6 and select your sound card






4. You will have multiple columns like this :





5. Now keep pressing the right arrow you will find something called  <channel>


6. If your hardware is capable of playing 4.1/5.1/7.1 according to that you will find no of channels, I have G31PR with intel audio no other sound card but it is capable of playing 5.1 channel and all I can see is 6 channel max. and hence I have selected 6 ch.





7.  Press ESC to exit.

and that is it my friends. I am already enjoying 5.1 channel. so enjoy.
 if possible provide feed backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment